Planning and Pre-construction
No project can be successful without adequate preparation. There are many factors which need to be addressed before construction can occur, which is why we emphasize the pre-construction planning phase of each job we work on. This is necessary step in addition to architectural design and construction, and it is one that should never be overlooked or rushed. With respect to construction, contractors often cut corners in order to complete projects on or ahead of schedule. Although getting the job done on time is very important, at Primus we know slow and steady always wins the race. Our focus is safety, longevity and long-term sustainability. No matter how skilled or large a firm’s team may be, we know inadequate planning is a risk never worth taking.
In the planning and pre-construction phase of your project we take into account multiple project factors, namely your schedule and your budget. Making sure these two go hand in hand is crucial for ensuring your project’s success. The end goal is to give you the highest ROI possible without compromising quality control. The key elements of this phase include:
- Property selection and acquisition (choosing the ideal location for construction and acquiring it)
- A detailed layout of the project’s phases (budget allocation and design recommendations for each)
- Taking a project through the city or county approval process
- Seeking out available tax incentives and rebates
- Finding and securing the best financing option
- Appraisals and estimates
- Scheduling and logistics
- Assembling a team of qualified subcontractors and suppliers
- Safety planning
- Value engineering
Every one of these steps is critical for your project’s success, and none is more important than the other. At Primus, we recognize that each element plays an integral role, which is why we take the time to make sure everything is up to par before construction of your project ever begins.